torsdag 10. november 2011

I knew I could lure Martin back to the Arctic^^




So I got a visitt from my good friend and old class mate from Unis,Martin :)

And of course during his visitt the weather was perfect the days I had a lot of lab work to do... But we anyway had a great time making a good-bye party for Kristin (read: Kristin made her own party, we just backed her up) in the middle of the week, and since I put my efforts in being a good cook, I think my busy week was forgiven ;)

And when the weekend came and I had time off, everything started melting...But! That didn`t stop us from going to Bjørndalen! :) walking along the an icy road in semi-darkness and a very Tim Burton-ish moonlight was actually a really nice hike :) The problem arised in Bjørndalen, when we crossed the tundra on wet ice! At least half our energy was spent on this last bit trying to make it over the valley without any broken bones! I´ve never been so happy to enter a cabin where friends greet you with tea and a already-going fire!

The next day we woke up with a lake (!) outside the cabin! The warm weather had continued, and the tundra was suddenly a wet, snow-slurpy marsh. I didn`t really expect being halfay carried away by the river in November, but it made for a very interesting effort of returning home!

So thanks for your visitt Martin! And thanks for all the fresh fruit! :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar